How Speed Dating Works
Before the Event
When you register, you will fill out a Character Sheet with some basic information. On the day of the event you should get your badge, and for the ladies your designated table. We will be hosting a brief cocktail hour at 5pm but please make sure you are checked in by 5:30pm.
During The Event
After a brief review of the rules, the dating begins! The guys will rotate from table to table, having 5 minutes to chat with each lady. Here is the fun part! When you start each date, the guys will roll a 20 sided die and find the corresponding geeky question! This will give you a question to open up the conversation and break the ice!
Remember! It’s not always what they answer with it’s how they answer.
- Worried you won’t know what to say? Come up with a crazy question that you can ask every person you meet.
- Worried that you’ll have to “date” someone unappealing? It’s 5 minutes and that’s it! (You’ve probably had more unpleasant encounters on Tri-Met.)
- Worried about your personal info getting out? Please do not share any personal information you’re not comfortable with. Only what you share with your “dates” gets out. You are in control at all times. We only share your e-mail with confirmed matches.
Once each “date” is over, pull out your list and check YES or NO next to that person’s number.
After The Event
Once the dating portion is over, you will hand your list back to the awesome folks up front and go enjoy a beverage. We will take this time to see where the mutual YES votes happened. These are our potential love connections!
- If a mutual YES happens, we will email those two people and get them in touch with each other.
- If someone checks YES for you, but you check NO for them, no information is shared.
- If you check YES for someone, but they check NO for you, no information is shared.
While we are doing this, we will also have each guy and girl roll a 20 sided die to win prizes from our amazing sponsors!
We will hand back your potential matches with their e-mail addresses! No other speed date gets them to you that fast or gives away prizes to be used as your first date! And, it’s only $15! That’s 50%-70% off most other events!
The Right Attitude
Even though we call this speed dating, come into the event thinking of it like a mixer. You’ll get to meet 10 – 15 new people of the opposite sex. You won’t be attracted to all of them, but all of them won’t be attracted to you. Speed dating is a fun way to practice your getting-to-know-you skills, your small talk skills, and hey, you got to flex those geeky muscles!
But the best part is that you could be surprised when you find that ONE person who makes your heart flutter the moment they say hello…
Join us, won’t you?
Click here to get your ticket! Limited to 10 guys, 10 ladies!